PCR throat swab test in 1010 Vienna
Dermacare offers the PCR throat swab test directly in the institute. The PCR test is the safest corona test and is performed by our trained personnel. Of course we pay attention to the highest hygiene standards. We work closely with Viennese laboratories, which collect the samples from our institute several times a day. Usually you will receive a reliable test result within 6 to 24 hours and know whether you are infected with the corona virus or not.
Precise testing without waiting times
Fast results within minutes or hours
For the PCR tests we work with renowned Vienna laboratories, which collect the samples several times a day. The analyses are done around the clock. Usually the results are available electronically within 24 hours. The antigen rapid test and the antibody test can be performed on-site and after about 15 minutes a result is available.
No waiting times
If you book an appointment, fill out the form online and pay in advance. You will briefly stay and enjoy the fastest possible processing. With our rapid tests, you will be informed very quickly by mail after the result is available.
Accurate PCR test
Even the smallest amounts of the virus are detected by the PCR test. The sample is analysed by experienced Viennese laboratories. The antigen rapid test and antibody test have the highest accuracy, are approved in the EU and you will receive your results quickly. All test procedures are officially recognised. Findings are issued with a doctor’s signature.
What is a PCR test?
PCR tests are used to detect a current COVID-19 virus infection. Please note that this test always assesses the current state of health. So it can also happen that there are different test results within a few days. During the test, our medical staff will take a throat swab from you. As an alternative to the throat swab, we also offer the PCR gargle test. In the PCR test, the genetic material of the virus is multiplied in cycles. If the swab contains the genetic material of the coronavirus, the test result is positive. Book an appointment online here and avoid unnecessary waiting times.
When is a PCR throat swab test (with certificate) useful?
The PCR throat swab test is especially important if you come to Austria from abroad or travel abroad and want to avoid quarantine, if you have to present a medical certificate (e.g. for border crossing, quarantine exemption, employer, etc.) or if you had contact with a sick person or persons from crisis areas.
When will you receive the test results?
- For the PCR test, you will usually receive the test results within 6-24 hours* (sometimes the delivered sample may have to be analysed again. In this case the results are available a few hours later).
- The report is in German and English and is signed by a doctor
- On request, the passport number can be integrated into the findings (Please specify when booking the appointment)
- We can also issue a medical Fit-to-fly certificate after a conversation with the doctor (additional cost € 60.-)
- When the findings are ready, you will receive an e-mail with your access data to befundpost.at. You can download your findings report by entering your social security number and date of birth (if you do not have an Austrian social security number, please use the first two letters of your FIrst and LAst name and date of birth when booking an appointment).
- If you need a medical fit-to-fly certificate for a flight, this can be issued after a consultation with our specialist (additional cost € 60.-)
Costs of the Corona Test
If you are bringing a test for someone else, please make sure you bring the eCard and a photo ID of the person for whom the test analysis is being done.
Dermacare only provides the service of sample collection (PCR test) for testing for COVID-19. The analysis, preparation and transmission of the results is carried out by the Synlab laboratory. When the results are ready, the laboratory will send you access to your results by e-mail.
There may be delays in medical examinations such as testing. DERMACARE excludes all liability and claims due to delayed findings. If you do not receive a report within 24 hours or have difficulties retrieving your report, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of it – even at the weekend!