Removal of skin alterations at Dermacare Vienna
There are a number of skin alterations, such as small tumours such as fibromas (stylised warts), papillomas or warts, which are widespread, are considered benign tumours but are perceived by those affected as aesthetically disturbing. The same applies to moles, which are also basically harmless and are often removed for cosmetic reasons.
As skin changes also develop into skin cancer precursors and tumours whose removal is necessary for medical reasons, these should be checked regularly as part of birthmark control and skin cancer prevention.
At Dermacare, skin alterations are removed for medical or cosmetic reasons by experienced dermatologists. Depending on the diagnosis, the appropriate method, ablation/opening / surgery, with or without local anaesthesia, with or without suture closure, is selected and performed in our surgery room on site.
Professional treatment by experienced dermatologists
Patient oriented treatment concept
The experienced dermatologists at Dermacare develop at diagnosis and treatment for skin diseases a therapy concept tailored to our patients, which is based on the current guidelines.
We attach great importance to a detailed consultation and therefore take the time for a detailed initial interview, during which you will receive all information regarding diagnosis, treatment, treatment options and the course of treatment and during which all your questions will be answered.
In order to optimise diagnosis and treatment, our medical specialists undergo continuous further training and are familiar with the latest treatment methods. As Dermacare is equipped with the latest devices on the market, we offer patients treatment based on the latest scientific and technical knowledge.
Treatment procedure at Dermacare
In the course of the initial consultation at Dermacare, which takes about 30-35 minutes, the experienced dermatologist develops an experience-based therapy concept oriented to the patient.
To diagnose skin alterations, a precise clinical macro- and microscopic examination (digital dermoscopy) is carried out in order to be able to choose the appropriate technique for removal.
The removal of a skin alteration is a minor procedure (crypotherapy (freezing), laser, surgical ablation or surgery) which is performed as gently, painlessly and precisely as possible. Before the procedure, you will be informed in detail about the procedure and possible risks involved.
After a successful operation, the next control appointment is scheduled, usually 3-14 days later. Depending on the procedure, wound control, dressing changes and/or suture removal are carried out here and, if tissue has been removed, the histological findings are discussed. In case of complications and questions, we are of course available at any time.
Everything at a glance
- Precise clinical and dermatoscopic examination
- Best possible invasive/surgical therapy concept
- Treatment methods:
- If necessary, invasive therapy approaches (cryotherapy/laser/surgical ablation/surgery)
- Gentle, painless, precise intervention with local anesthesia (using an iced/ultra-thin syringe) and possibly fine suture closure
- Consultation, examination and treatment costs:
- Initial consultation with a specialist: 120 euros,
- Intervention costs including control appointment: depending on the intervention, number of pieces and surgical effort from 120 Euro.
- Reimbursement of costs by health insurance: Yes
- Duration of consultation and treatment: Initial specialist consultation 15-30 minutes
- Duration of treatment: Depending on the procedure 30-60 minutes
- Treatment interval: Wound check/bandage change/stitch removal/histology findings discussion after 3-14 days (in case of complications at any time!)
Why should you seek treatment at Dermacare?
- The treatment is carried out by experienced medical specialists
- Only medical devices are used
- Good public connection (Schwedenplatz) or parking garage for the car in the house
- Long opening hours
Treatment procedure dermatological treatment
1. Anamnesis Questionnaire
Even before the consultation with our specialist, we ask you to complete an anamnesis questionnaire, which forms the basis for the subsequent discussion.
2. Consultation / examination / diagnosis
At Dermacare the consultation, examination, diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases is carried out by experienced specialists in dermatology.
3. First control appointment
The success of the therapy is assessed at the follow-up appointment (follow-up control/ discussion of findings) and a decision is made on the further procedure.