CORONA TESTS in 1010 Vienna
For travelers abroad: Please book an appointment for a throat swab online (scroll down). A gargle test is not suitable for crossing the border.
Dermacare offers corona tests in Vienna to be tested for COVID-19. In cooperation with Viennese laboratories we offer PCR tests, among other things. We use the PCR throat swab (PCR) and the gargle test for self application (PCR). Within a few hours you will receive reliable results about your current state of health, so that you can protect yourself and your environment.
Fast and cheaper alternatives are our new antigen rapid tests and our antibody tests. The tests can be performed on-site and the result is available in only 10 to 15 minutes. You will be informed immediately by e-mail.
Precise testing without waiting times
Fast results within minutes or hours
For the PCR tests we work with renowned Vienna laboratories, which collect the samples several times a day. The analyses are done around the clock. Usually the results are available electronically within 24 hours. The antigen rapid test and the antibody test can be performed on-site and after about 15 minutes a result is available.
No waiting times
If you book an appointment, fill out the form online and pay in advance. You will briefly stay and enjoy the fastest possible processing. With our rapid tests, you will be informed very quickly by mail after the result is available.
Accurate PCR test
Even the smallest amounts of the virus are detected by the PCR test. The sample is analysed by experienced Viennese laboratories. The antigen rapid test and antibody test have the highest accuracy, are approved in the EU and you will receive your results quickly. All test procedures are officially recognised. Findings are issued with a doctor’s signature.
When is a corona test useful?
A corona test in Vienna at Dermacare is useful if you have no symptoms but suspect that you are infected with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. A test can detect or exclude an active infection – even if you are still symptom-free.
The PCR throat swab test is especially important if you come to Austria from abroad or travel abroad and want to avoid quarantine, if you have to present a medical certificate (e.g. for border crossing, quarantine exemption, employer, etc.) or if you had contact with a sick person or persons from crisis areas.
When will you receive the test results?
- For the PCR test, you will usually receive the test results within 12-24 hours* (sometimes the delivered sample may have to be analysed again. In this case the results are available a few hours later).
- The findings are medically validated
- When the findings are ready, you will receive an e-mail with your access data to befundpost.at. You can download your findings report by entering your social security number and date of birth (if you do not have an Austrian social security number, please use the first two letters of your FIrst and LAst name and date of birth when registering).
Antigen and antibody rapid test:
With our antigen rapid test and antibody test, the results are available in about 15 minutes. Afterwards you will receive a link to your results by mail.
Many and good further information about the current corona tests can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Social Affairs.
We offer the following methods:
- PCR throat swab
- Gargle method in self-application (order here online)
- Antigen rapid test
- Antibody test
Make an appointment online now!
For the release from quarantine, for border crossing or presentation to the authorities, only a PCR throat swab is suitable. This only takes a few seconds and is not unpleasant.
Test times: Monday to Friday from 8 am- 6 pm, Saturday 8 am -12 pm
To avoid unnecessary waiting times you should book an appointment online!
The gargle test is a new test procedure with high sensitivity and specificity for SARS-CoV-2 and is suitable for anyone who can gargle.
- You can do the test yourself at home or outdoors (away from other people)
- No appointment necessary – pick up the test kit and bring the sample to Dermacare after gargling.
- Fast processing – you carry out the registration and payment online and save unnecessary waiting time.
Gargle test procedure:
- Order and pay for your gargle test in self-application online – this avoids unnecessary waiting times
- Pick up a test kit at Dermacare and follow the instructions (we do not do shipping)
- The issue and receipt of the test kits are
- Monday to Friday from 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm
- Only on the ground floor of Dermacare – entrance Morzinplatz.
- Gargle at home or outside (away from other people).
- Then bring us the sample – no appointment necessary!
Antigen rapid test
- The antigen rapid test is therefore fast and convinces with an accurate detection method. Therefore this test is a good alternative to the conventional PCR test. The antigen rapid test is particularly useful for the rapid detection of infection foci.
- During the test, we take a throat swab and after 15 minutes we know with an accuracy of 98.98% whether you have an antigen of SARS-CoV-2 viruses.
- The antigen rapid test is certified and registered in Austria in the EU registry for medical devices and therefore fulfils all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Test times: Monday to Friday from 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 pm – 12 pm
To avoid unnecessary waiting times you should book an appointment online!
- An antibody test is used after an infection with COVID-19 to determine whether the body has produced antibodies. If this test is positive, it means that your body has already produced antibodies to protect you from the viruses. These antibodies can be detected about 12-14 days after infection.
- The test is performed according to the recognized ELISA test system and is characterized by a very good reliability in the diagnosis of COVID-19 infections.
- Test times: Monday to Friday from 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm
Testing is only performed on individuals without Covid-19 symptoms.
If you experience symptoms such as fever, sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, aching limbs or loss of taste and smell, please stay at home and call the hotline 1450 or your family doctor. Do NOT come to Dermacare yourself but have someone else collect the test kit and bring the sample to Dermacare.
If the corona-test is positive, the laboratory will notify the authorities and we will contact you.
The results of the antigen rapid test and the antibody test are for self-testing purposes only and are not intended for submission to regulatory authorities.
(*) For medical examinations such as testing, there may be delays. DERMACARE testing excludes any liability for delayed results. If a finding is not received in time, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Costs of the Corona Test
If you are bringing a test for someone else, please make sure you bring the eCard and a photo ID of the person for whom the test analysis is being done.
Dermacare only provides the service of sample collection (PCR test) for testing for COVID-19. The analysis, preparation and transmission of the results is carried out by the Synlab laboratory. When the results are ready, the laboratory will send you access to your results by e-mail.
There may be delays in medical examinations such as testing. DERMACARE excludes all liability and claims due to delayed findings. If you do not receive a report within 24 hours or have difficulties retrieving your report, please write to email@example.com and we will take care of it – even at the weekend!